Greenspace Alliance of Canada’s Capital
Minutes of Board Meeting of November 17, 2008
1337 Morley Avenue
The meeting started at 7:30 PM
Members present: Cheryl Doran (chair), Carol Gudz, Barry George, Amy Kempster, Erwin Dreessen (Minutes Taker)
By telephone: Janice Seline, Joseph Potvin
Regrets: Sol Shuster, Theresa Jobateh, Bill Royds, George Wilson, Chris Szpak
The following Motions were considered:
1. Moved by Carol, seconded by Barry, that outstanding liabilities related to the KNL Appeal, of $1,000.00 to Bill and of $500.00 to Amy, be paid. Agreed.
2. Moved by Amy, seconded by Carol, that the Ecojustice lnvoice dated 29 October 2008, in the amount of $2,844.81, be paid. Agreed.
3. Moved by Amy, seconded by Joseph, that, whereas it is likely that the Ecojustice Environmental Law Clinic will incur further disbursements in the defence of Leitrim Wetland, the Leitrim Defence Fund make a deposit of $2,000.00 to Ecojustice for that purpose. Agreed.
4. Moved by Amy, seconded by Joseph, that, whereas the Alliance always intended to make a contribution to the Leitrim Defence Fund but had not yet given effect to that intention, $3,000.00 be transferred from the general account to the Leitrim Defence Fund. Agreed.
5. Moved by Barry, seconded by Joseph, that, in the event that the Divisional Court decides that the Alliance is liable for costs stemming from the Judicial Review application, and provided the Ecojustice Environmental Law Clinic so advises, the Alliance instructs the Clinic to apply to the Ontario Court of Appeal for leave to appeal that decision. Agreed.
Cheques were written and Amy and Carol agreed to meet on Thursday to execute the necessary transfers at the bank office.
The meeting ended at 9:52 p.m.