Friends of the Greenspace Alliance (FGA)
Meeting of February 3, 2011
RA Centre Fieldhouse Restaurant.
In attendance: Amy Kempster (chair), Sol Shuster, Janice Seline, Cheryl Doran, Ron Rancourt, Erwin Dreessen and Juan Pedro Unger (notetaker)
The meeting commenced at 7:30 p.m.
1. Approval of minutes from previous meetings
– The following meeting minutes were approved (motion moved by Janice, seconded by Sol): 17 Dec. 2009, 25 Feb. 2010, 18 Mar. 2010, 15 Apr. 2010, 21 May 2010, 24 June 2010, 12 Aug. 2010, 21 Oct. 2010, and 18 Nov. 2010.
– The minutes of 16 Dec. 2010 were approved with changes (motion moved by Cheryl, seconded by Janice).
Action: Janice will forward the approved minutes to Erwin who will post them on the web site.
2. Treasurer’s Report
– The report, delivered verbally by Janice, was received and accepted.
3. Future of the Friends of the Greenspace Alliance:
An in camera meeting was held to discuss the cost awards against FGA and the ongoing OMB appeals of OPA 76.
A majority of attendees agreed to re-incorporate the Greenspace Alliance, maintaining the “Greenspace Alliance of Canada’s Capital” banner.
4. Other Business:
– the upcoming Wildlife Festival, March 26-27, for which FGA is registered;
– the Federation of Citizen’s Associations (FCA) is circulating a survey of community associations;
– the next meeting of CAFES is this Saturday. Amy and Erwin will attend.
B. Dave Morrow’s offer to conduct a “post-mortem” of the Fernbank appeals was accepted.
C. Action: Erwin will write responding to the Environmental Bill of Rights (EBR) posting on an amendment of the Municipal Environmental Assessment (MEA) process involving the Integration Provision.
D. Action: Amy will write to the Ontario Attorney General on the issue of “Strategic Litigation Against Public Participation” (SLAPP) legal actions jeopardizing civic participation.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:35 p.m.