Friends of the Greenspace Alliance
Meeting of August 12, 2010,
Conservation Co-op, Ottawa.
Members present: Joseph Potvin, Amy Kempster, Janice Seline, Sol Shuster, Edelweiss D’Andrea, Cheryl Doran
The meeting commenced at 7:00 p.m.
1. Treasurer’s report:
Janice gave her report. Sol moved to accept, Edelweiss seconded, passed.
2. Annual general meeting: Themes for a panel discussion and organizational logistics were discussed. Cheryl will head the Nominating committee. Sol volunteered to assist.
3. Common Ground development, Chelsea. Joseph reported that Chelsea council is putting prohibitive requirements on the development concerning water filtration.
4. Official Plan Amendment 76: Cheryl reported.
5. Official Plan Amendment 77 (Fernbank): Cheryl reported that a motion applying for a judicial review had been submitted to Divisional Court.
6. Kanata West new EA (Carp River): We need a member to be involved with this. Amy will forward one of the emails to Juan Pedro Unger asking him to post it, asking for member involvement.
7. Ecology Ottawa mayoralty debate – some discussion.
8. Leitrim Wetlands – some discussion
9. New business: Where should archives of FGA and GA be held? Sol notes we have an archive on our website and should focus on electronic, perhaps convert paper records to electronic. Joseph suggests getting help from National Archives.
Adjournment 10:25 pm.